HOW TO CERTIFY ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Where can I find the official name of the standard ISO 14001 and the valid version of the standard?
You can always find the current edition of the standard, amendments or corrections to the standard on the website of the Lithuanian Department of Standardization.
ISO 14001 Environmental management systems - Requirements with guidance for use (ISO 14001:2015).
Briefly about ISO 14001
ISO 14001 is an internationally recognized standard for the implementation of an environmental management system (also known as an EMS). ISO 14001 is essentially based on the ISO 9001 standard, but it also focuses on environmental impacts.
EMS helps companies demonstrate a responsible approach to global and local environmental protection issues, allows formalizing commitments in the field of environmental protection and demonstrates their implementation through policies, goals and environmental protection programs.
Demonstration of successful implementation of this international standard can be used to assure stakeholders that an effective environmental management system is being used.
Objective of ISO 14001
The purpose of the international standard ISO 14001 is to provide organizations with a framework to help protect the environment and respond to the changing state of the environment while maintaining a balance with social and economic needs. The standard provides requirements that enable organizations to achieve the intended results of their environmental management systems. A systemic approach to environmental management can provide top management with information that helps create long-term success and opportunities to contribute to sustainable development.
ISO 14001 value
By integrating the requirements of the ISO 14001 standard, the organization contributes to sustainable development:
- protects the environment by preventing (or significantly reducing the risk of) negative effects on the environment;
- reduces potential negative environmental impacts;
- increases the effectiveness of environmental protection in managing its operational processes;
- conveys environmental awareness to interested parties;
- uses natural resources more efficiently.
Advantages of a certified management system according to the ISO 14001 standard:
- confidence in the manufacturer or service provider is increased;
- the reputation and image of the organization improves;
- compliance with legal requirements;
- competitive advantage when offering or supplying products to the European Union or other countries and participating in public tenders.
Integrated management system
The ISO 14001 standard does not include requirements specific to other management systems, such as quality, occupational safety and health management systems, but it allows an organization to use a common approach and risk-based thinking to integrate its environmental management system with the requirements of another management system . Therefore, the environmental protection management system is often integrated with other management systems, such as the quality management system according to the requirements of the ISO 9001 standard, or the occupational safety and health management system according to the requirements of the ISO 45001 standard.
You can learn more about the ISO 14001 standard here: www.iso.org
More about UAB "Sertika" management system certification process is presented in the document "Management system certification (conformity assessment) regulations" (here
) and section „FAQ“ (here
Do you have questions about management system certification?
We kindly invite you to contact us using the following contacts:
In order for us to submit a proposal for certification, the initial information required for the application is:
- What certification standard do you want?
- Have you installed a system of the desired standard? If not, when do you plan to do it?
- What services or product production do you want to certify?
- How many people work in your company?
- Do you have departments and where are they located?
- Where is your office located?
- How long and when do you want SERTIKA audit and compliance assessment results?
Fill out the application and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will make you an offer:
Feel free to apply now:
Management systems certification and training