ISO 45001 audit, certification, maintenance
- CERTIFICATION OF MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- ISO 45001
Where can I find the official name of the standard ISO 45001 and the valid version of the standard?
You can always find the current edition of the standard, amendments or corrections to the standard on the website of the Lithuanian Department of Standardization.
ISO 45001 Occupational health and safety management systems - Requirements with guidance for use (ISO 45001:2018, identical)
Briefly about ISO 45001
The ISO 45001 standard (which replaces the BS OHSAS 18001 standard) is an international standard that sets out the requirements for an occupational safety and health (known as OSH) management system. The management system implemented in the company will enable the organization to ensure safe and healthy workplaces, prevent work-related injuries and illnesses, and continuously improve its effectiveness. The implementation of the OSH management system is a strategic and operational decision of the organization.
Objective of ISO 45001
The main objective of the occupational safety and health (OSH) management system is to ensure a framework for the management of occupational safety and health risks and opportunities. The ISO 45001:2018 standard states that "the purpose and expected results of the DSS management system are to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses of employees and to ensure safe and healthy workplaces." It is very important for the organization to eliminate hazards and reduce OSH risks in its activities by taking effective prevention and protection measures. The organization's management is responsible for the health and safety of employees and other stakeholders affected by the organization's operations.
ISO 45001 value
The employee safety and health management system is designed to ensure the safety and health of the company's employees, reducing the likelihood of accidents at work and employee morbidity. The requirements of the standard enable the organization to identify and manage all risks related to daily activities and unusual situations and to improve the effectiveness of this management. In accordance with the requirements of the standard, the organization can:
- improve operational efficiency and thus reduce the number of accidents and lost production time as a result;
- increase control and reduce risk by setting tasks, goals and related responsibilities;
- demonstrate your commitment to ensure the safety of the organization's employees, property and equipment;
- demonstrate compliance with the law;
- improve its reputation in the field of occupational safety and health;
- improve internal and external communication;
- improve the safety culture in the organization.
Advantages of a certified management system according to the ISO 45001 standard:
- confidence in the manufacturer or service provider is increased;
- the reputation and image of the organization improves;
- compliance with legal requirements;
- competitive advantage when offering or supplying products to the European Union or other countries and participating in public tenders.
Integrated management system
ISO 45001 does not contain requirements specifically related to other matters such as quality, social responsibility, environmental, safety or financial management, although its elements may be aligned with or incorporated into those other management systems. Often, the occupational safety and health management system is integrated with other management systems, such as the quality management system according to the requirements of the LST EN ISO 9001:2015 standard, or the environmental protection management system according to the requirements of the LST EN ISO 14001:2015 standard.
Changes: there is a valid occupational safety and health management system standard LST 1977:2008 Occupational safety and health management systems. Requirements (BS OHSAS 18001:2007). This standard will no longer be valid from 03/12/2021.
Do you have questions about management system certification?
We kindly invite you to contact us using the following contacts:
- phone: +37060005550;
- e-mail/remote chat: email@example.com;
- We can come to you;
- address: Mituvos str. 2-255.
In order for us to submit a proposal for certification, the initial information required for the application is:
- What certification standard do you want?
- Have you installed a system of the desired standard? If not, when do you plan to do it?
- What services or product production do you want to certify?
- How many people work in your company?
- Do you have departments and where are they located?
- Where is your office located?
- How long and when do you want SERTIKA audit and compliance assessment results?
Feel free to apply now:
+370 (600) 05550