SAFETY TESTING ACCORDING TO LST EN 60598-1 - LUMINAIRES
Where can I find the official name of the standard LST EN 60598-1 and the valid version of the standard?You can always find the current edition of the standard, amendments or corrections to the standard on the website of the Lithuanian Department of Standardization.
LST EN 60598-1 Luminaires - Part 1: General requirements and tests.
The meaning of the LST EN 60598-1 standard, why is it needed:
This standard applies to devices with electric light sources with a supply voltage not higher than 1000 V.
LST EN 60598-1 determines:
- basic safety and
- essential operational requirements;
- indicates luminaires tests;
- provides guidelines for their application.
During device testing, the following is defined:
- classification and labeling;
- electrical parameters;
- mechanical parameters.
Depending on the structure of the device, the principle of operation, additional standards may be applied.
LST EN 60598-1 standard applies to:
- garlands, LED panels;
- LED lamps, table lamps, spotlights, discharge lamps.
LST EN 60598-1 standard does not apply:
- For devices that do not have an electrical light source.
"Sertika" testing laboratory is accredited to perform tests according to the LST EN 60598-1 standard.
You can find the entire current area of safety testing activities of UAB "Sertika" here: UAB "Sertika" laboratory testing area.
Do you have questions about product safety testing and/or certification?
We kindly invite you to contact us using the following contacts:
In order for us to submit a proposal for certification, the initial information required for the application is:
- technical documentation of the device;
- a precise description of the intended functions of the device;
- what standard of certification/testing do you prefer?
- how long and when do you want SERTIKA conformity assessment results?
If you are considering product testing or certification, you may benefit from:
How to prepare for product certification and testing - preparation of documents and product prototype for the legalization procedure.
What requirements must be met when placing a product on the European market? - typical steps that a product manufacturer must take before placing the product on the EU market.