SAFETY TESTING ACCORDING TO LST EN 62368-1 - AUDIO/VIDEO, INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY EQUIPMENT
Where can I find the official name of the standard LST EN 62368-1 and the valid version of the standard?You can always find the current edition of the standard, amendments or corrections to the standard on the website of the Lithuanian Department of Standardization.
LST EN 62368-1 Audio/video, information and communication technology equipment - Part 1: Safety requirements.
The meaning of the LST EN 62368-1 standard, why is it needed:
This standard applies to the field of electrical and electronic equipment, which includes: audio, video, information and communication technologies, the nominal voltage of which is not higher than 600 V.
LST EN 62368-1 determines:
- basic safety and
- essential operational requirements;
- indicates audio, video, information and communication technologies tests
- provides guidelines for their application.
During device testing, the following is defined:
- classification and labeling;
- electrical parameters;
- mechanical parameters.
LST EN 62368-1 standard applies to:
- payment equipment - self-service cash registers, card readers, ATMs, cash registers, postal machines;
- audio, video equipment - musical instruments, sound amplifiers, rhythm generators (music), tone generators, musical tuners, educational equipment, video projectors, video cameras, video monitors, gaming computers, disc players, multimedia equipment, electronic light effects equipment, ultrasonic speakers, parametric speakers;
- data and text processing equipment - personal computers, printers, scanners, monitors;
- data network equipment - routers, etc.;
- electrical and electronic office equipment - calculators, copiers, document destruction equipment, power supplies, paper document processing equipment, number recognition systems, chargers;
- telecommunications equipment - telephones, answering machines, pagers, radio localization system;
- other information technology equipment - public information stands, multimedia equipment, photo printing equipment, gps trackers, mail processing equipment;
- and other products.
LST EN 62368-1 standard does not apply:
For power supply systems that are not part of the equipment:
- engine-generator backup battery systems;
- distribution transformers.
"Sertika" testing laboratory is accredited to perform tests according to the LST EN 62368-1 standard.
You can find the entire current area of safety testing activities of UAB "Sertika" here: UAB "Sertika" laboratory testing area.
Do you have questions about product safety testing and/or certification?
We kindly invite you to contact us using the following contacts:
In order for us to submit a proposal for certification, the initial information required for the application is:
- technical documentation of the device;
- a precise description of the intended functions of the device;
- what standard of certification/testing do you prefer?
- how long and when do you want SERTIKA conformity assessment results?
If you are considering product testing or certification, you may benefit from:
How to prepare for product certification and testing - preparation of documents and product prototype for the legalization procedure.
What requirements must be met when placing a product on the European market? - typical steps that a product manufacturer must take before placing the product on the EU market.