ISO 22000 audit, certification, maintenance
- CERTIFICATION OF MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
- ISO 22000
Where can I find the official name of the standard ISO 22000 and the valid version of the standard?
You can always find the current edition of the standard, amendments or corrections to the standard on the website of the Lithuanian Department of Standardization.
ISO 22000 Food safety management systems. Requirements for any food chain organization (ISO 22000:2018).
Briefly about ISO 22000
Food safety is related to the presence of risk factors of food origin in food during consumption (while eating). Since food safety risks can occur at any stage of the food production chain, appropriate management throughout the food production chain is essential. The food production chain includes the following organized structures: from feed manufacturers and primary producers to food manufacturers, transport and storage providers, retailers and food service providers (together with other related organizations such as: equipment, packaging materials, cleaning additives and ingredients manufacturers). Service providers are also included. This standard combines the principles of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) system and the requirements for its application developed by the Codex Alimentarius Commission. Risk factor analysis is the basis of an effective food safety management system, as risk factor analysis systematizes the knowledge needed to develop an effective combination of management measures. This international standard requires that all risk factors that can reasonably be expected to occur in the food production chain, including those that may be related to the type of processes and equipment used, are identified and evaluated.
Objective of ISO 22000
The purpose of this international standard ISO 22000:2018 is to globally harmonize the requirements for food safety management in the food production chain business. Therefore, the standard is particularly intended for use by organizations that seek a more focused, consistent and integrated food safety management system than is normally required by law. The standard requires that an organization with its own food safety management system meets all the requirements of laws and regulations related to food safety.
ISO 22000 value
- plans, implements, manages, maintains and updates a food safety management system designed to ensure that products used for their intended purpose are safe for the consumer;
- proves compliance with the requirements of laws and regulatory legal acts applicable to food safety;
- determines and evaluates the customer's requirements and demonstrates compliance with these mutually agreed food safety-related requirements in order to satisfy the customer as much as possible;
- duly informs suppliers, customers and related interested parties of the food production chain on all issues related to food safety;
- ensures that the organization adheres to the established food safety policy,
- demonstrates said compliance to relevant stakeholders.
Advantages of a certified management system according to the ISO 22000 standard:
- confidence in the manufacturer or service provider is increased;
- the reputation and image of the organization improves;
- compliance with legal requirements;
- competitive advantage when offering or supplying products to the European Union or other countries and participating in public tenders.
Integrated management system
This International Standard can be applied regardless of other management system standards. Its implementation may be harmonized or include the requirements of an already existing related management system, and organizations, when developing a food safety management system that meets the requirements of this international standard, may also rely on the existing management system(s) (e.g. quality management system according to the requirements of the standard LST EN ISO 9001).
The implementation, development and certification of the food safety management system is based on accompanying requirements, such as:
Do you have questions about management system certification?
We kindly invite you to contact us using the following contacts:
- phone: +37060005550;
- e-mail/remote chat: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- We can come to you;
- address: Mituvos str. 2-255.
In order for us to submit a proposal for certification, the initial information required for the application is:
- What certification standard do you want?
- Have you installed a system of the desired standard? If not, when do you plan to do it?
- What services or product production do you want to certify?
- How many people work in your company?
- Do you have departments and where are they located?
- Where is your office located?
- How long and when do you want SERTIKA audit and compliance assessment results?
Feel free to apply now:
+370 (600) 05550