SAFETY TESTING ACCORDING TO LST EN 60335-1 - HOUSEHOLD AND SIMILAR ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES
Where can I find the official name of the standard LST EN 60335-1 and the valid version of the standard?You can always find the current edition of the standard, amendments or corrections to the standard on the website of the Lithuanian Department of Standardization.
LST EN 60335-1 Safety of household and similar electrical appliances. Part 1: General requirements.
The meaning of the LST EN 60335-1 standard, why is it needed:
This standard applies to electrical household appliances used for non-commercial purposes with a nominal voltage not exceeding 250 V for single-phase devices and 480 V for multi-phase devices.
LST EN 60335-1 determines:
- basic safety and
- essential operational requirements;
- indicates electrical household equipment tests;
- provides guidelines for their application.
During device testing, the following is defined:
- classification and labeling;
- electrical parameters;
- mechanical parameters.
Depending on the structure of the device, the principle of operation, additional standards may be applied.
LST EN 60335-1 standard applies to:
- grating machines, manual graters;
- frying pans, waffle irons;
- instant water heaters, heaters;
- battery chargers;
- household devices control boards,
- hair dryers;
- and other products.
LST EN 60335-1 standard does not apply:
- heavy industry equipment;
- devices requiring special environmental conditions;
- audio/video equipment and similar electronic devices;
- for medical devices, etc.
"Sertika" testing laboratory is accredited to perform tests according to the LST EN 60335-1 standard.
You can find the entire current area of safety testing activities of UAB "Sertika" here: UAB "Sertika" laboratory testing area.
Do you have questions about product safety testing and/or certification?
We kindly invite you to contact us using the following contacts:
In order for us to submit a proposal for certification, the initial information required for the application is:
- technical documentation of the device;
- a precise description of the intended functions of the device;
- what standard of certification/testing do you prefer?
- how long and when do you want SERTIKA conformity assessment results?
If you are considering product testing or certification, you may benefit from:
How to prepare for product certification and testing - preparation of documents and product prototype for the legalization procedure.
What requirements must be met when placing a product on the European market? - typical steps that a product manufacturer must take before placing the product on the EU market.