TESTS ACCORDING TO LST EN 21856 ASSISTIVE PRODUCTS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITY
- PRODUCT TESTS
- Assistive equipment
Where can I find the official name of the standard LST EN 21856 and the valid version of the standard?You can always find the current edition of the standard, amendments or corrections to the standard on the website of the Lithuanian Department of Standardization.
LST EN 21856 Assistive products for persons with disability - General requirements and test methods.
The meaning of the LST EN 21856 standard, why is it needed:
This standard applies to technical assistance devices for the disabled, which are designed to facilitate people's daily activities, training and rehabilitation.
LST EN 21856 determines:
- basic safety and
- essential operational requirements;
- indicates assistive products for persons with disability tests;
- provides guidelines for their application.
During device testing, the following is defined:
- classification and labeling;
- electrical parameters;
- mechanical parameters.
LST EN 21856 standard applies to:
- functional beds;
- gait trainers;
- and other products.
LST EN 21856 standard does not apply:
- for in vitro diagnostic devices;
- active implantable devices;
- for cosmetic products;
- protective devices.
"Sertika" testing laboratory is accredited to perform tests according to the LST EN 21856 standard.
You can find the entire current area of safety testing activities of UAB "Sertika" here: UAB "Sertika" laboratory testing area.
Do you have questions about product safety testing and/or certification?
We kindly invite you to contact us using the following contacts:
- phone: +37067224664;
- e-mail/remote chat: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- address: Mituvos str. 2-251.
In order for us to submit a proposal for certification, the initial information required for the application is:
- technical documentation of the device;
- a precise description of the intended functions of the device;
- what standard of certification/testing do you prefer?
- how long and when do you want SERTIKA conformity assessment results?
If you are considering product testing or certification, you may benefit from:
How to prepare for product certification and testing - preparation of documents and product prototype for the legalization procedure.
What requirements must be met when placing a product on the European market? - typical steps that a product manufacturer must take before placing the product on the EU market.